25 April 2010

A couple of more walls and a problem












Got the port galley wall up this morning and discovered that the moment frames (the steel goal posts) aren't square. It seems like the aft one is off by about 1 1/2 inches in 8 feet so it tilts inboard a little. Measured the other side and it has a similar problem. I'll talk with the yard tomorrow, I'm sure that it isn't a huge problem. I also got the starboard living room wall up, I find that I can muscle around a 12 foot section of wall by myself but anything bigger would be a problem.


It is nice to get some definition to the place.  With the walls starting to come together you can really tell what the space will look like.

A kayaker paddled by today and we talked for a while.  He said that it looked like a labor of love, I suppose he is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment