30 July 2010

Starting to get wired!

I'm starting to put in the electrical wiring.  There will be two systems,  one is the normal shore power 110/208 volt ac the other is a 12 volt dc system off of the batteries.  Barbara wants to us LED lighting where possible to keep the power consumption lower.  It seems like LED technology is just about there, but finding the fixtures is time consuming.  I think in a year or two it will be much more common.  One nice thing is that the wiring for both systems is the same, armored 12 guage stranded copper so if the LED thing doesn't work out I can change over to shore power fairly easily.


We built a ladder to get to the roof deck.  The original idea was to use a fold down aluminum ladder, but the way that it needed to be mounted left the top step too far from the edge.  It would have been a really long step up and not very comfortable.  Found a couple of pieces of old fir in a loft at the Dry Dock that were stamped 6/59, I don't know if they have been sitting there drying for that long or what the story is.  The grain on them is really tight an using some fir stepping and varnish it came out great!  It is at a really good angle and has nice wide/deep steps.  I am not sure what I will do for storage, I'll figure something out. 

Well, I finally got off of hold with Fisheries Supply and they are looking into the lighting issue.  I'm headed back up to the ship yard to do more electrical and clean up.  There is always clean up!

No comments:

Post a Comment